Hotel Boutique and Spa
In the land of mountains and wild landscapes just 4 kms from the town and 7 minutes by motorcycle taxi or tuk-tuk as it is known in other parts of the world, is the Terra Barichara Boutique Hotel and Spa.
Between the mountains, nature and the song of birds, the blue and clear skies so characteristic of Barichara, the Terra hotel has large and multiple safe spaces, conditioned to the need we live at the moment: From large social areas, spacious green areas and gardens, open gym, pergolas and restaurant where you can contemplate the inner lagoon and hear the birds while having breakfast. Hotel Terra Barichara offers you an experience with a unique lifestyle.
Its construction was carried out taking into account social and ecological responsibility, in addition to the concept of sustainability that was taken into account from its conception.
Terra Barichara has received the Travelers Choice award from Trip Advisor since 2013 and the Gold Eco Leaders Award from Trip Advisor for its sustainable practices.
Aware of the importance of bio-sustainable practices, Hotel Terra Barichara was built with this concept from the beginning. Today we are almost 100% sustainable construction.
- The hot water in most of the hotel is by solar system.
- Its open design in the social areas, requires electricity only at night.
- We collect rainwater by channel system.
- The backwash waters of the pools, hydrocircuit and jacuzzis, after a purification process, feed the lagoon.
- We reuse gray and black water.
- Wastewater treatment plant system (WWTP).
- We have water reserve tanks for more than 380 m3.
- We have a water treatment plant for the entire hotel.
- Ecological vegetable garden and aromatic and medicinal plants for consumption.
- Fruit products, zero kilometers.
- Vernacular artisan construction in adobe, with zero waste and zero debris.
- Ground paint finish in exterior and interior areas of the hotel.
- New Use of energy by solar panel system.
- We have implemented the solar panel system for the generation of electricity at a lower level, without polluting, without harming natural resources and without damaging the environment.
Barichara. One of the 17 most important heritage towns in the country, it was declared a national monument in 1979 for its historical, architectural and tourist contribution. The architecture of its colonial-style mansions, thick white walls made of tread and bahareque, wooden doors and windows, and stone streets, clay tile roofs, is the typical picture of a Spanish colonial town.
In Barichara you can enjoy multiple activities. The municipality has numerous restaurants, cafes and bars that preserve the colonial architecture.
Explore our mountains, valleys, savannas, deserts, lakes and rivers and discover an exuberant nature, where the practice of extreme sports is a permanent temptation.
Terra Barichara Memories
We invite you to relive these memories. Our best moments with guests, events, seasons of the year. Eyes are the soul’s reflection.
• 4 kilometers from the center of Barichara.
• 16 kilometers from San Gil, with bus service from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• 118 Km from Bucaramanga.
• 445 km from Bogotá.
Palo Negro Airport of Bucaramanga.
Coming soon from Los Pozos de San Gil airport.